The Cyberix IT Club provides an outlet for those students interested in all things technology. It meets at least twice a month during the school year to discuss the latest technological events and applications currently affecting society. Meetings are held in the computer room by the Club staff consisting of an elected president and vice-president with the aid of a teacher acting as adviser. During the Science, Technology, Engineering and Math Week (STEM), the club creates related activities for the benefit of its members and the school community as a whole.
Expose the school community in general to a wealth of technology ideas so as to encourage the familiarization of technology in a modern day school environment.
Promote the benefits of using technology through cooperation and teamwork as well as finding efficient ways of working through its usage.
- Provide the student body with knowledge of various forms of technology through interactive workshops;
- Increase the amount of activities organized by the Club so as to cement its presence;
- Expand the school’s knowledge base around technological apps for scholastic use.
- Inform the school community of the club’s activities throughout the school year using the Club blog (https://cbcmrit.wordpress.com/) and other forums;
- Provide a monthly workshop to the community at large;
- Collaborate with organizers of the school’s annual STEM Week activities;
- Participate in the school’s annual STEM Week activities;
- Offer technical support during the school’s annual Mathletes’ competition.
Note: Revised June 2018 and updated December 2018
For the work plan click here